Wednesday, November 29, 2006

CAFFE LATTE, Part Deux

In my haste to show you, cari amici, my morning ritual, I left out a few details that I think make my caffe latte special.

First off, I usually use a Moka made by Bialetti. Secondly, and more importantly, I pack the coffee very, very tight. In fact, with the larger Moka, which makes enough coffee for two caffe latti or due cappuccini, I have a special tool that I use to pack the coffee even more.



I think I may be abusing the capabilities of this little tool, and I would love to hear from other home caffe latte/cappuccino makers, but I think part of what makes my coffee great is that it's so strong. So I pack it hard! The resulting coffee absolutely acts as jet fuel; once I have had my bel caffe latte, I am ready for the day! I only have a second cup on weekends.

I also put my sugar in the cups first, so that rush of hot espresso mixes instantly with the grains of sugar.

And I always make sure to get every last drop, or near to it, out of the Moka. Particularly since the first gocce d'espresso that surge up through the filter are quite intense, and almost syrupy.

Hope this helps. I think it's a recipe for a fantastic prima colazione: forte, bello, zuccheroso. Now if only I could get a ciambellina 'round these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!