Friday, August 10, 2007
Food and Wine magazine
Ciao amici americani,
The new issue of Food and Wine magazine is totally and completely dedicated to....ITALY!!!
It's so packed with beautiful photos of Italian dishes and recipes and recommendations of restaurants in Italy that Il Nostro Inviato said it was like crack for me!
Yes, for Ciambellina a magazine issue about Italy is not all that different from highly-addictive drugs.
- A guide to Italian wine grapes (how cool is that?!)
- New restaurants in Milan, Rome, and Florence (including.....Sant'Agostino 23...ci siete stati? Com'era? Fatevi sentire....m'interessa molto, più che altro per la zona, che è dove stava il locale lo Stonehenge che ormai è chiuso....menaggia...)
- Recipes for items such as Torta della Nonna (yay!)
- A tour of Sting's house in Figline Valdarno. Wow! Non è mica male. Also provides a peek into his diet. He has his own chef -- chiaro!
- A wine list that includes such Ciambellina favorites as 2003 Avignonesi Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, 2006 Sella & Mosca La Cala Vermentino and 1999 Badia a Coltibuono Vin Santo
So if you're looking for something to read or want to get a look at Sting's villa, pick up the new issue of Food and Wine.