Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Gomorra" in Atlanta starting March 13

Good news!

"Gomorra," the film based on Roberto Saviano's bestselling book by the same name, comes to the Landmark Theater in Atlanta on Fri., March 13, and will run for a week.

I've written a few times here about the book and the movie, which opened last week in New York and Los Angeles. And the movie has now been reviewed in quite a few places in the U.S. (I provided a link to the review in the New York Times last week).

All of the reviews have been positive -- I think American reviewers are just so stunned by what they see. I think Ciambellina will be a bit stunned by what she sees even though she's read the book. That's because I think violence is even more unbearable to watch on-screen when you know it's true.

What happens in "Gomorra" really happens in some of the neighborhoods of Naples and Caserta.

Anyway, here's a link to a review of "Gomorra" in The New Yorker:

http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2009/02/23/090223crci_cinema_lane

I'm so glad the film is coming to Atlanta! I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of Italian films in Atlanta.

Ci vediamo al cinema!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!