Sunday, February 14, 2016

What I'm reading (literary schizophrenia)

I want to record life exactly as it happens. But that's not easy.

I mean, these days, you would need, in any given moment, to write down what you're thinking, what you're doing, the texts you're writing, the emails you're sending, the stories you're scrolling through online.

In fact, your reading life is probably like your real life. Mine is. I'm reading some books start to finish. Others I'm re-reading. Still others I'm skimming, almost like a few pages or a chapter packs the punch of a quick pick-me-up. 'Oh! I needed that dose of Hemingway.'

Okay, so here's 30 days in the life of Jeanne reading (books only).

Books read for Bennington:
Raymond Carver, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
Denis Johnson, Incognito Lounge (poetry)
Denis Johnson, Jesus’ Son
Antonya Nelson, Female Trouble

Other books read:
David Gates, Jernigan
Alice McDermott, Charming Bill (re-read parts)
Antonio Tabucchi, Viaggi e altri viaggi (re-reading parts)

Also reading (for book reviews):
Viola Di Grado, Hollow Heart

Reading excerpts of:
Jhumpa Lahiri, In Other Words

Started reading, then stopped:
Ben Lerner, 10:04

Books I've started to read and plan to finish:
Jane Austen, Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!