Monday, April 05, 2010

Roundup on Atlanta's Italian Film Festival -- coming

Atlanta's week-long Italian Film Festival, which concluded yesterday, included some amazing films!

Among the ones I liked were "Alza La Testa," with Sergio Castellito; "Il Papa' Di Giovanna," with Silvio Orlando and "Il Compleanno," with Alessandro Gassman.

I don't have time to write about the films today -- sto lavorando! -- but stay tuned because I want to share my thoughts with you and spread the gospel of Italian cinema.

I think there's hope yet!

And in any event, three cheers for the Italian Film Festival, a nonprofit that produces film festivals in Miami and Acapulco, and for Georgia State University, which was the festival's chief sponsor and host.

Buon proseguimento!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo this sounds so awesome. I wonder if any of these will make it on to Netflix?!
    ps- whenever I go to your site, I want deeelicious Italian food- nom nom nom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good question! In fact, one of the organizers made the comment to me that these are films that won't make it to Netflix. But maybe he went overboard a bit.

    I plan to fill in some details on the movies soon. Thanks for your message and great to meet you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading the blog!