Monday, February 19, 2018

Ho vinto! Winning a PEN America translation grant

I swear I rarely have the privilege of saying "I won" but I can truly say I have won a grant to continue work on a translation of an important Italian book that I desperately want to bring to the English-speaking world.

The award is the PEN Grant for the English Translation of Italian Literature, part of the prestigious PEN-Heim Translation Grant program (given by PEN America, which is probably the most important literary organization in the US, and one that is on the front lines, fighting for writers' freedom to express themselves without fear or repercussions all over the world).

And the book is Mariateresa Di Lascia's 1995 novel, Passaggio in Ombra (working title: "A Walk in the Shadows"), which won Italy's top literary award, the Premio Strega.

You can read about the other wonderful projects that won PEN translation grants here.

Long live Italian literature -- particularly literature by women authors!

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!