Sunday, May 24, 2009

Olio d'ulivo


I was afraid the opportunity to write about this olive oil had slipped through my fingers. After buying it for months, all of a sudden we could not find it at the DeKalb Farmers Market in Decatur.


Then it miraculously reappeared.

San Giuliano Alghero Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Sardegna.

It's awesome! You would not necessarily use it to cook, but we use it on our salads, on bruschetta, on risotto, whathaveyou.

I try to keep things simple when it comes to eating and in fact, when I think back to what Italian friends told me about food, the advice was always very simple.

So olive oil needs to be cloudy. And green. If it's clear and yellow, it just probably won't taste as good on a salad (but might work well as a cooking oil).

If you live in Atlanta, you can find San Giuliano Alghero at the DeKalb Farmers Market for $8.89 (you'll have it a long time).

Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!