Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Elena Ferrante Fest (in my mind, at least)


Just got a slew of Elena Ferrante titles to work through. I've done things a bit backward; I read "Storia di chi fugge e di chi resta" first. Now I need to read the first two works in the trilogy.

Oh, and I threw in "La Frantumaglia" for fun. It's a collection of interviews with Ferrante and nonfiction pieces about writing authored by her.

For anyone in New York who's interested in Ferrante, there will be an amazing talk at the Center for Fiction on Sept. 16 featuring Ferrante's American translator, Ann Goldstein, and two novelists, discussing her work.

For more information on this event, go here:

http://centerforfiction.org/calendar/on-elena-ferrante-ann-goldstein-roxana-robinson-and-stacey-derasmo/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!