Wednesday, December 02, 2020

For BREVITY: The Dog Journal that Became a Diary of the Sky

Grateful to the Brevity Nonfiction Blog for publishing another essay of mine, this time about the dog journal that evolved into a meditation on the masterpiece above us every moment of our lives:

"... forced to spend hours under its shifting gaze, I feel as though I am only now noticing that it’s a chameleon, a compass, an all-weather friend. You could hang it in a museum, so compelling is its composition.

"As I age, I’ve come to crave the outdoors. Yet one morning last month, when I looked up at the blue cathedral roof above me, I felt as though I were seeing it for the first time."

Please read the rest of the essay at this link:

https://brevity.wordpress.com/2020/11/25/the-dog-journal/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!