Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Vino: Neprica

While I was visiting Il Nostro Inviato in Atlanta last week, I tried a wonderful wine that combines two of my new favorite grapes, Primitivo and Negroamaro.

The wine was a 2006 Tormaresca Neprica, IGT Puglia.

The name Neprica comes from the first letters of the three grapes the wine is composed of, Negroamaro, Primitivo and Cabernet Sauvignon.

It's wonderful!

Il Nostro Inviato bought it at the Dekalb Farmers Market, which is in Decatur, near Atlanta. They have a wonderful selection of wine and beer. Just think: I could not find Neprica on the Web site for The Wine Library in New Jersey (which has tutto, tutto, tutto).

See if you can't find yourself a bottle of Neprica. Looks like it retails for about $12. I also see you can buy it on eBay!

Godi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!