Thursday, July 23, 2009

Going to see "Il Divo" tonight at Landmark Cinema

The Italian movie "Il Divo" has finally arrived in Atlanta and I'm going to see it tonight with an Italian Meetup group.

The film is about career politician Giulio Andreotti who like a cockroach survived everything that came his way, including an extensive trial accusing him of collusion with the Mafia.

Here's a link to the New York Times review (permalink not working):

http://movies.nytimes.com/2009/04/24/movies/24divo.html?scp=3&sq=Il%20Divo&st=cse

Toni Servillo landed the title role of Andreotti, and it will be the second time in a year that I see Servillo in a key role. What a treat! (He was in "Gomorrah," the film about the Naples' mafia.)

I will report back to Ciambellina on my impressions. But whether I like it or not, I'm just happy to have the opportunity to see two Italian films in one year at a movie theater near me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!