Wednesday, May 12, 2021

To blog or not to blog (for Brevity)

I wrote a piece about whether writers should maintain a personal blog for the Brevity Nonfiction Blog, but I will confess I only know that I think blogging is time well-spent. Other writers may come to other conclusions! Indeed, even one writer I quote in the piece who does keep a personal blog doesn't necessarily recommend it.

 

"I will continue to blog because I have a blog. Because I like to track a particular activity – my Italian language engagement – through blogging and I take advantage of the platform to also publish writing about other interests. Essentially, when you come to my blog, you’re around my table. And while other people would serve you a meal there, I’d like to serve you my writing."

To read the rest, go here:

https://brevity.wordpress.com/2021/04/02/to-blog-or-not-to-blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!