Wednesday, November 03, 2021

That's me in the NYPL Researcher Spotlight!

I continue to float on the energy afforded me by completing my short fellowship at the New York Public Library last month. And it helps that part of my research is already surfacing in ways I can share (if we have to wait until my translations are published, we could be in it for the long haul).

The staff at the New York Public Library interview  researchers to learn about how the library's extensive holdings are helping them do research. In my case, I was able to gush about the myriad (and massive) Italian dictionaries and etymological works in the Rose Main Reading Room that helped me while I worked on translations. One of my favorite dictionaries, the multi-volume Grande Dizionario della Lingua Italiana, edited by the legendary Salvatore Battaglia, has multiple pages dedicated just to the history of literary usage of one of the key phrases I was trying to decipher (more about this later in a research essay I am writing for the Library).

If you want to read the Q&A at the Library's website, it's here:

https://www.nypl.org/blog/2021/11/02/nypl-researcher-spotlight-jeanne-bonner

If you want to read poems by the author I'm translating, go here:

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!