Friday, February 03, 2023

What I read after my father died

That was my original title for the essay -- what I read after my father died -- and still the one that best reflects what inspired this remembrance, which I wrote about spending the past year reading and re-reading the books my father had accumulated over a lifetime:

https://themillions.com/2023/01/the-books-that-made-my-father.html

Grateful to The Millions for agreeing to publish an essay no one needs to read but which I most certainly needed to write.

More books to come (and truth be told, I still have to finish Gulag Archipelago. It makes for dense reading!).

I am grateful for the legacy my father left me -- a love of reading so intense it's like a person in my life.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!