Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lavazza opens cafe in Chicago


Not sure if you guys saw this but Lavazza has opened its first cafe in America in Chicago!

I meant to post this last week but got busy doing a translation for a documentary film. Yes a translation! I will fill you in on that later.

Lavazza, which in the announcement billed itself as Italy's Leading Coffee Company (what about Illy?), opened a cafe last Tuesday in the Drake Hotel in Chicago.

In addition to its world-famous coffee, Lavazza will be serving food at the cafe, including brie and prosciutto panini with fig and tangerine marmalade and smoked salmon caprese salad.

Oh Lavazza you had me at smoked salmon!

Apparently, Lavazza runs similar cafes in Europe. I've never been to any; I always stick with a local neighborhood bar when I have my coffee in Italy.

That said, how about a Lavazza cafe in Atlanta? Hey Lavazza folks: I would be happy to show you just where to build it! (Within walking distance of my house!)

Buona giornata ragazzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog!