Friday, October 03, 2008

Ciambellina: Why the changes?

Hi,
I'm following up today with an English version of a post I wrote yesterday about changes on Ciambellina.

I've added links to Amazon.com and I want to explain why.

I had noticed on sites such as http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com/
that bloggers were posting images of the things they loved, and I wanted to do that!

I finally stumbled upon the Amazon Associates program and found out that one way to post such images was to provide links to these products on the Amazon.com site.

That means two things. First, I'm able to show you what I love about Italy and also show you the path to buying these things, if you're interested. Some of these items are hard to find in America, and it's cool to know you can order them through a trusted site.

It also means if you were to buy something, I would receive a portion of the price.

But it's important to me to state that that was never my goal or interest, and I have no expectations that anyone will buy any of these things. Showing pretty pictures of cool Italian stuff was and is my goal. Perhaps there is another way to do it, and if you have suggestions, let me know.

In any event, I hope the semi-commercialization of the site does not offend you, and you are perfectly within your rights to totally ignore the links. But do me a favor, and just look at the pretty pictures!

Because when I look at them -- the cover of my book on Boccioni, the jar of honey, my beloved Italian coffee-maker -- I feel good!

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Hi, Ciambellina -- It's Rob the auto guy here. I love your blog. I wish I spoke Italiano; it seems like such a beautiful language with such a great rhythm and cadence.
    I hope to one day travel to Italia and see some of the wondrous sites, and of course sample the incredible cuisine.
    Keep blogging away, and I'll keep visiting. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rob, for visiting. I write in English and Italian so there will be a lot for you to enjoy. Plus, you may learn some Italian here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading the blog!